Come join our team! Help us serve our first responders!
The successful applicant must have a clean driving record.
This position is responsible for processing, inspecting, and laundering personal protective ensemble elements. It also includes data entry and shipping and receiving. This position provides support to the sewing department as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Sort, organize, inspect and launder personal protective ensemble elements.
- Data entry including, but not limited to element information, order entry, work performed,customer information, shipping details, etc.
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Learn NFPA 1851 and/or other industry standards and how they relate to our processes and procedures.
- Learn and pass manufacturer and/or industry training.
- Work within defined schedules and deadlines.
- Use handheld hardware and tools as necessary.
- Operate cleaning and testing equipment as necessary.
- Shipping and receiving.
- Maintain accurate shipping and receiving logs.
- Assist with the check-in of new fabric, materials, hardware, etc.
- Assist with material inventory counts.
- Maintain a well-organized and clean personal work space.
- Maintain well-organized and clean shared work spaces.
- Communicate with processing lead and/or facility manager to reorder materials and supplies.
- Assist with facility cleaning.
- Cooperate and share information with team members and other ECMS facilities.
- Educate yourself.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Be passionate.
- Participate in, and contribute to, group projects.
- Train team members when deemed appropriate and necessary by the facility manager.
- Provide support to the sewing department as necessary.
- Drive company vehicle for pick ups and deliveries
- Maintain an excellent driving record that meets requirements of our insurance provider.
- Other duties as assigned by management to address and provide effective support of company mission, values and goals.
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Capable of following established processes and procedures.
- Capable of performing data entry accurately and timely.
- Capable of lifting and handling elements that can weigh up to 10 pounds each.
- Capable of lifting and handling packages and other items that can weigh over 50 pounds each.
- Willing to learn and be flexible.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in an environment where meeting quick turnaround times is extremely important.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and experience with inspection and cleaning methods used for personal protective ensemble elements.
- Strong attention to detail and consistency.
- Must be able to speak, read, type, write and comprehend English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain high energy.
- Team oriented and respectful.
- Must have an unexpired driver's license and driving record that meets requirements of our insurance provider.
- Experience with shipping and receiving.
- Experience with inspection and laundering of clothing.
This position is for a Full Time Temporary employee, with the opportunity to become Regular Full Time with benefits. We currently offer a generous benefit package to regular full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending plan, 401 (k) retirement plan, commuter plan, wellness program, etc.
ECMS specializes in the inspection, cleaning, and repair of personal protective ensembles and ensemble elements used for structural, wildland, industrial, and aviation firefighting applications. ECMS also provides end users, distributors and manufacturers a highly skilled resource for aftermarket alterations, modifications and accessories for elements that are in service. Providing support services for personal protective ensembles is our only business, and we take great pride in doing it well. ECMS operates six service centers in the Western United States: Las Vegas, NV, Oakland, CA, La Mirada, CA, Kent, WA, Salt Lake City, UT, and Phoenix, AZ.
ECMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.