Come join our team! Help us serve our first responders!
This position is for a person that has a strong passion for PPE Clothing and is able to effectively educate others. This position requires in person visits and promoting our Company and our solutions involving equipment and services to emergency responders and other customers. Sales calls will be made on regular and frequent basis as sales conditions warrant. It is essential for the PPE Clothing Specialist to provide effectively detailed information to potential buyers on various products, programs and services offered by the company. Sales representative must devote full time to their duties as an employee of L.N. Curtis & sons.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain excellent knowledge of turnout clothing, helmets, boots, gloves, EMS clothing, wildland clothing, and our services.
- Maintain regular contact with customers as well as frequent communication with your leader.
- Schedule appointments; meet existing customers in order to review customer needs, product and service requirements, and to determine other opportunities for a successful relationship.
- Effectively plan and conduct presentations by meeting customers face to face on a regular basis.
- Design and implement professional demonstrations or presentations of company products and services.
- Execute information exchange with customers on products and services with objective of assisting customers with their requirements.
- Meet or exceed defined sales goals and individual objectives.
- Generate and develop new opportunities for sale of our products and services.
- Continuously update all customers on our company, product modifications, changes and enhancements.
- Enhance up-to-date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings.
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attend conferences and trade shows as assigned.
- Comply with all Company travel, expense, and business ethics policies.
- Use marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Use required sales tools.
- Keep management informed by submitting required reports.
- Perform updating and maintenance of customer accounts including contact names, addresses, products used, ongoing projects, etc.
- Travel away from home consistently and for extended periods.
- Successfully maintain long work hours.
- Maintain an excellent driving record that meets requirements of our insurance provider.
- Monitor and report on market and competitive activities.
- Other duties as assigned by management to address and provide effective support of company mission, values and goals.
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Knowledge of PPE equipment, including turnout clothing, helmets, gloves, EMS clothing and wildland clothing.
- Must have a relentless desire to be the best at what you do.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively via both verbal and written means.
- Provide a positive experience for all customers.
- Effective in a team environment.
- Effective time management, organization and multitasking skills.
- Special people skills to deal with customers.
- Outgoing personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proper and safe handling Law Enforcement tools and products we promote.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in sales or marketing related field is required.
- Experience Preferred
- College graduate is preferred.
- Proven work history and success in the realm of PPE-Clothing.
We currently offer a generous benefit package to regular full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending plan, 401 (k) retirement plan, commuter plan, wellness program, etc.
L.N. Curtis & sons is a privately owned and operated corporation that provides Tools for Heroes. The company is headquartered in Oakland, California. Operational centers are located in Salt Lake City, Utah; Kent, Washington; La Mirada, California; and Phoenix, Arizona. Established in 1929, L.N. Curtis & sons is the premier distributor of first responder equipment and actively sells and services in the United States. The company is focused on servicing the thirteen Western states and the U.S. Government worldwide. L.N. Curtis & sons is committed to supplying the fire and law enforcement industry with the most modern, safe and effective products available. L.N. Curtis & sons is a company whose principal product is service, whose principal resource is people, and whose principal purpose is to be a distinguished leader in the field of supplying and servicing emergency responder equipment.
L.N. Curtis & sons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.