Come join our team! Help us serve our first responders!
This position is responsible for repairing, altering and adding accessory items to uniforms and outerwear. This position provides support to the processing department as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Sew utilizing all available industrial sewing machines.
- Follow established patterns and specifications, as well as create new patterns and specifications as necessary.
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Perform repairs and alterations, and add accessory items to uniforms and outerwear.
- Use handheld hardware and tools as necessary.
- Maintain accurate sewing logs.
- Assist with the check-in of new fabric, materials, hardware, etc.
- Assist with material inventory counts.
- Maintain a well-organized and clean personal work space.
- Maintain well-organized and clean shared work spaces.
- Communicate with sewing lead and/or facility manager to reorder materials and supplies.
- Assist with facility cleaning.
- Cooperate and share information with team members.
- Educate yourself.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Be passionate.
- Participate in, and contribute to, group projects.
- Train team members when deemed appropriate and necessary by the facility manager.
- Provide support to the processing department as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by management to address and provide effective support of company mission, values and goals.
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Capable of working with heavy fabric and hardware
- Capable of following established patterns and specifications
- Capable of lifting and handling elements that can weigh up to 10 pounds each
- Sewing machine operation
- Willing to learn and be flexible
Desired Skills & Experience
- Sewing experience on various industrial sewing machines
- Experience sewing in an environment where meeting quick turnaround times is extremely important
- Knowledge and experience with various fabrics and materials used for personal protective ensemble elements
- Embroidery experience is preferred
- Strong sewing ability
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Strong organizational skills
- Team oriented and respectful
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with various industrial sewing machines
- Experience creating patterns
- Experience with alterations using heavy fabrics
- Experience sewing finished goods
We currently offer a generous benefit package to regular full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending plan, 401 (k) retirement plan, commuter plan, wellness program, etc.
Curtis Blue Line is the Law Enforcement Division of L.N. Curtis and sons, a privately held family owned corporation established in 1929. Curtis Blue Line supplies law enforcement agencies with uniforms and equipment from 6 retail centers in the Western United States. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, retail centers are located in Salt Lake City, Utah; Boise, ID; Kent, WA; Tigard, OR and Phoenix, AZ. First class service and friendly relationship oriented sales are a priority for all team members of Curtis Blue Line and L.N. Curtis and sons.
Curtis Blue Line is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.