Come join our team! Help us serve our first responders!
This is a customer service position which requires knowledge of, or the ability to learn the Emergency Responder Equipment market. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will work closely with our Outside Sales Team and are expected to build customer relationships. The successful candidate will work to further develop and formulate the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to support the heroes that serve our communities.
- Support customers via phone, facsimile, email, and in person.
- Communicate with and understand our customers’ needs.
- Communicate with suppliers to learn and understand product offerings.
- Promote a “value-added” attitude and capability; be a solution provider.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Take ownership with customer needs and issues.
- Learn and understand local/regional competition and comprehend market and pricing environment to provide accurate and fruitful quotations.
- Keep an accurate and organized Product catalog.
- With accurate and detailed methods, complete daily work in an organized fashion.
- Utilize our operation system and follow established processes and procedures, manage customer orders from start to finish.
- Cooperatively work with other departments within the company to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- Become cross-trained; promote “Team” concept and attitude.
- Invest in your educational process and have fun.
- Commit to completing tasks with quality and meeting deadlines.
- Help to innovate with your ideas.
- Other duties as assigned by management to address and provide effective support of company mission, values and goals.
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Team player with a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Effective communicator.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an ability to multitask, prioritize and execute.
- Ability to read and understand federal government contract, purchase orders, requests for quotes and requests for proposals.
- Ability to take actions to satisfy all customer requirements related to pricing, delivery schedules, terms and conditions, and other special requirements.
- Ability to coordinate with appropriate internal and external organizations to ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook in a PC environment.
- Excellent questions and needs analysis skills and an ability to work with customers, across departments and organizations in managing projects, resolving problems and accomplishing goals.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 3-5 years customer service and/or inside sales experience required.
- Experience Preferred
- College degree is preferred with a business, sales or marketing focus.
- Accounting, warehouse, manufacturing, and/or retail experience is helpful.
We currently offer a generous benefit package to regular full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending plan, 401 (k) retirement plan, commuter plan, wellness program, etc.
L.N. Curtis & sons is a privately owned and operated corporation that provides Tools for Heroes. The company is headquartered in Oakland, California. Operational centers are located in Salt Lake City, Utah; Kent, Washington; La Mirada, California; and Phoenix, Arizona. Established in 1929, L.N. Curtis & sons is the premier distributor of first responder equipment and actively sells and services in the United States. The company is focused on servicing the thirteen Western states and the U.S. Government worldwide. L.N. Curtis & sons is committed to supplying the fire and law enforcement industry with the most modern, safe and effective products available. L.N. Curtis & sons is a company whose principal product is service, whose principal resource is people, and whose principal purpose is to be a distinguished leader in the field of supplying and servicing emergency responder equipment.
L.N. Curtis & sons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.