Come join our team! Help us serve our first responders!
This position is responsible for repairing, altering and adding accessory items to personal protective ensemble elements. It may also include contributing to the production of finished goods such as letter patches, hose straps, shrouds, gear bags and other items. This position provides support to the processing department as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Sew utilizing all available industrial sewing machines
- Follow established processes and procedures
- Learn NFPA 1851 and/or other industry standards and how they relate to our processes and procedures
- Perform repairs and alterations, and add accessory items to personal protective ensemble elements
- Remove and install patches on uniforms
- Alter sizing on uniforms
- Contribute to the production of finished goods such as letter patches, hose straps, shrouds, gear bags and other items
- Use handheld hardware and tools as necessary
- Maintain accurate sewing logs
- Assist with the check-in of new fabric, materials, hardware, etc.
- Assist with material inventory counts
- Maintain a well-organized and clean personal work space
- Maintain well-organized and clean shared work spaces
- Communicate with sewing lead and/or facility manager to reorder materials and supplies
- Assist with facility cleaning
- Cooperate and share information with team members and other ECMS facilities
- Educate yourself
- Ask lots of questions
- Be passionate
- Participate in, and contribute to, group projects
- Train team members when deemed appropriate and necessary by the facility manager
- Follow established patterns and specifications, as well as create new patterns and specifications as necessary
- Provide support to the processing department as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by management to address and provide effective support of company mission, values and goals
Pre-requisite Core Competencies
- Capable of working with heavy fabric and hardware
- Capable of following established patterns and specifications
- Capable of lifting and handling elements that can weigh up to 10 pounds each
- Sewing machine operation
- Willing to learn and be flexible
Desired Skills & Experience
- Sewing experience on various industrial sewing machines
- Experience sewing in an environment where meeting quick turnaround times is extremely important
- Knowledge and experience with various fabrics and materials used for personal protective ensemble elements
- Strong sewing ability
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Strong organizational skills
- Team oriented and respectful
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with various industrial sewing machines
- Experience creating patterns
- Experience with alterations using heavy fabrics
- Experience sewing finished goods
This position is for a Full Time Temporary employee, with the opportunity to become Regular Full Time with benefits. We currently offer a generous benefit package to regular full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending plan, 401 (k) retirement plan, commuter plan, wellness program, etc.
ECMS specializes in the inspection, cleaning, and repair of personal protective ensembles and ensemble elements used for structural, wildland, industrial, and aviation firefighting applications. ECMS also provides end users, distributors and manufacturers a highly skilled resource for aftermarket alterations, modifications and accessories for elements that are in service. Providing support services for personal protective ensembles is our only business, and we take great pride in doing it well. ECMS operates six service centers in the Western United States: Las Vegas, NV, Oakland, CA, La Mirada, CA, Kent, WA, Salt Lake City, UT, and Phoenix, AZ.
ECMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.